A $1000 scholarship is offered to students who pursue college courses in the following subjects: Biology (excluding Pre-Med), Horticulture, Floriculture, Landscape Architecture, Conservation, Forestry, Botany, Agronomy, Plant Pathology, Environmental Control City Planning, Land Management, and/or allied subjects, Wildlife Sciences, Environmental Control Rural/ Urban Planning.
- Applicants must be residents of Adams County, Pennsylvania. The college or university is the recipient’s choice, in state or out.
- As long as high academic standing is maintained and need is apparent, a student is eligible to apply or reapply for a scholarship.
- An additional 5 (five) points will be added to the score for all children, grandchildren, or legal dependents of Federated Garden Club members.
- Winners will be announced at the Garden Club Annual Meeting, spring 2019.
THE FOLLOWING IS TO BE INCLUDED WITH ALL APPLICATIONS
- Official transcript of academic records including the latest grading period.
- Completed financial need form.
- A letter from the applicant stating special interests, background, goals, financial needs and personal commitment, etc. (Not to exceed two typed pages.)
- Three reference letters as listed on the application. (Not to exceed one typed page each.)
- Photograph not to exceed 2 ½” x 3 ½”
DEADLINE: April 15, 2019
You can also download a copy of the form rather than submit online. This can be mailed to Rita Bennett 948 Boyd’s School Road, Gettysburg, PA 17325